Militaria Fair North Star Hotel, Dublin 19th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Militaria Fair North Star Hotel, Dublin 19th Feb

Was wondering if anyone else was at the militaria fair in the North Star last Saturday? Was a few interesting bits and pieces few Irish Medals Even a DSM for sale!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Where are the pictures?

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

Well while its great to tell us about the event, pictures taken while there and of the items on display are more than welcome for those of us unable to go in person.

Comment

Another one of these on today, 10-3 North Star Hotel, Amien Street in Dublin. Across from Connolly Station. Any IMOers going?Well worth a visit if you are in the area. €4eu admission.

These are the militaria fairs that were featured in this months An Cosantoir!

Comment

I was at it, picked up a few bits and pieces. 3rd Armoured flash, SS Metal Eagle (replica), RIR Capbadge and Irish Guards Capbadge. Happy enough with my lot. And CS: they don't allow photos apparently. Did you get much CW?
            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

No photos!!1,

daft buggers all events like these need free publicity.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

I know, right? They do have a website (http://internationalmilitariacollect.../index.php?p=7) but the photos seem to be a bit outdated...quick question CS, what's the main focus of your collection? German, Irish, British, US?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  I know, right? They do have a website (http://internationalmilitariacollect.../index.php?p=7) but the photos seem to be a bit outdated...quick question CS, what's the main focus of your collection? German, Irish, British, US?
                  Off the top of my head, Mainly European Military Medals from 1815 to the present day, but I do have odd pieces relating to countries outside of Europe. As well as a lot of Communist Insignia & medals from Romania, Hungary, etc..

And apart from that, Some uniforms, U.S. Marines Blues, Canadian Special Forces Parade Dress, a couple of Bundeswehr Parade jackets, Romanian Military Parade jackets, camo uniforms from Australia, UK Desert, UK Woodland, Irish Camo (dont ask, wont tell :-p) German Bundes Camo, Russian Sniper suit, DDR Camo uniforms, DDR "Stasi" plain green combat suit with liner, some lizard pattern from Africa, Greece, French Lizard pattern, 2 Irish Bulls Wool Overcoats dated to the 1960's a few helmets, German 1916 Stahlhelm shell in very good condition, 2 from U.S.A., the old Vietnam tin pot with separate liner and the Kevlar version, German Kevlar, Irish Tortoise shell green and Blue UN painted,, I Irish WW2 period pudding bowl with painted W Cmd Flash, assorted Irish military buttons, the list seems endless or so my wife seems to think.
                  Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 25 February 2012, 19:22.

Comment

Got a few bits nothing too exciting, Good crowd at it. What do you collect yourself? Just Irish stuff I would be into!

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                      Canadian Special Forces Parade Dress
                      Just curious, do you have a pic ?
                      "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                        Just curious, do you have a pic ?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7180A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	697254

I covered his name tag, just to be on the safe side but I doubt he is still serving.

Connaught Stranger.
                        Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 25 February 2012, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                          [ATTACH]6531[/ATTACH]

I covered his name tag, just to be on the safe side but I doubt he is still serving.

Connaught Stranger.
                          Wow... a Signals Sgt from the Special Service Force. The wings with silver maple leaf mean he served in an Airborne unit, the Cdn AB Regt or one of the Airborne support units tasked to support it. Back then, we had an Airborne Battle Group of about 1200 Paras.

His ribbons are mounted in the wrong order of precedence:

Canadian Honours Chart
                          "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                            Wow... a Signals Sgt from the Special Service Force. The wings with silver maple leaf mean he served in an Airborne unit, the Cdn AB Regt or one of the Airborne support units tasked to support it. Back then, we had an Airborne Battle Group of about 1200 Paras.

His ribbons are mounted in the wrong order of precedence:

Canadian Honours Chart
                            He was also lazy when it came to sewing his promotion stripes on, as for the medal ribbons its simple matter of flipping them around the right way.

Connaught Stranger

Comment

Nice one CS. I have a few bits and bobs from all over. A few Air Corps bits, 3 British cap badges, an ERU patch and then a bit of American Army and Navy items. trying to focus more on US bits at the moment. One of my favourites is the HMX-1 patch along with a CIB given by an American soldier.