Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shirts look...wrong...Like something out of a DPM Maternity Wear catalog. Plus the Velcro patch and UBAC style pocket on one side only seems like a missed opportunity.

[EDIT] To clarify on the above, if the UBACS style pocket had been included on the left arm as well, it might have been possible to issue Tricolours in standard and subdued versions. I am sure that adding them to each shirt and smock is a bit of an additional cost sink.
    Last edited by ODIN; 17 September 2020, 18:49.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
      New shirts look...wrong...Like something out of a DPM Maternity Wear catalog. Plus the Velcro patch and UBAC style pocket on one side only seems like a missed opportunity.

[EDIT] To clarify on the above, if the UBACS style pocket had been included on the left arm as well, it might have been possible to issue Tricolours in standard and subdued versions. I am sure that adding them to each shirt and smock is a bit of an additional cost sink.
      Yep as Apod mentioned before, with blanking plates x2 pairs. One set for bks wear with subdued unit flash and IRE flash, other set for field use (no unit flash and subdued IRE flash?)
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
        Yep as Apod mentioned before, with blanking plates x2 pairs. One set for bks wear with subdued unit flash and IRE flash, other set for field use (no unit flash and subdued IRE flash?)
        Why would you need a subdued Ireland flash? If the situation dictated that you needed to hide the few cm² of green, white and orange, then wearing 3 x shades of grey is not going to help you in any way.

You either want to show nationality or you do not. Pointless subdued efforts at a tricolour in name only do not serve any purpose

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
          Why would you need a subdued Ireland flash? If the situation dictated that you needed to hide the few cm² of green, white and orange, then wearing 3 x shades of grey is not going to help you in any way.

You either want to show nationality or you do not. Pointless subdued efforts at a tricolour in name only do not serve any purpose
          What about the IR tricolours?

Comment

• Better tell the wing so that they are wasting their time. They are issued both Hi-viz and subdued IR reflective tricolours. Also the white part of the normal tricolour is visible with the naked eye at well over 100m. Nice little aiming point for someone wanting to take a shot at you.

My issue is the wearing of "subdued " unit flashes in the field. In Bks yeah to match the rest of the uniform (you are hardly gonna wear a full colour unit flash on DPMs are you) but nobody should ever wear a unit flash in the field. You may as well put up a neon sign telling every RECCE soldier and Sniper who you are. Why make their job easier??
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post

Subdued or IR reflective - whichever
              Several nations use subdued versions of their national flag on their field uniform
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                Better tell the wing so that they are wasting their time. They are issued both Hi-viz and subdued IR reflective tricolours. Also the white part of the normal tricolour is visible with the naked eye at well over 100m. Nice little aiming point for someone wanting to take a shot at you.

My issue is the wearing of "subdued " unit flashes in the field. In Bks yeah to match the rest of the uniform (you are hardly gonna wear a full colour unit flash on DPMs are you) but nobody should ever wear a unit flash in the field. You may as well put up a neon sign telling every RECCE soldier and Sniper who you are. Why make their job easier??
                Are you old enough to remember the reflective stripes? They actually went on your combats.
                We went to lots of trouble making rank markings removable so they didn't need to be worn in the field.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  Are you old enough to remember the reflective stripes? They actually went on your combats.
                  We went to lots of trouble making rank markings removable so they didn't need to be worn in the field.
                  Brassards

Comment

Better tell the wing so that they are wasting their time. They are issued both Hi-viz and subdued IR reflective tricolours. Also the white part of the normal tricolour is visible with the naked eye at well over 100m. Nice little aiming point for someone wanting to take a shot at you.

Espirit de cours

On ops easily removed

Comment

• The colour tricolour makes sense at home and most of the time overseas

Comment

• Really ? We're issuing shirts without fking pockets now ? And re the above how am I supposed to submit an OIR "dont take the pockets off" when every shirt I've had since enlisting has fking pockets on it . Fk me most women complain their clothes have no pockets in them ( and rightly so) ... what was the beef over harmless fking pockets ?
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Brassards
                          Were only supposed to be worn with shirt order

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            Were only supposed to be worn with shirt order
                            Rank markings were to be sewn onto the sleeves of combats. Reflective for road safety.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                              No thank god. I had SD No1 rank Markings on my combats when I first started in Uniform.Never made sense.OG uniform with big red and yellow rank on the sleeves.

The current rank markings are subdued so when you are in the field you can still tell someone's rank when close up. They are difficult to make out at a distance(Unless you are general staff who tinkered with the Field Rank marking so that everyone knew they were a General).

They are NOT removable so as not to be worn in the field. That just helps when laundering and cuts down on the amount of Rank marking you need issued. Unit Flashes are another matter. RECCE and Snipers actively look to ID who they are looking at.It is one of their main tasks. I say again. No unit flashes in the field.

Actually when you come to think of it we issue two types of field rank marking now. Slider and Velcro. Slider for Smock,Wets,BKS Jacket and shirt. Velcro for UBACS and T-shirt. WHY?? Why not save the taxpayer some money and just tailor the Bks dress items and smock and wets to accept a velcro badge and do away with sliders?? If so we will have come full circle. Remember the "Elvis" shirts??
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Actually when you come to think of it we issue two types of field rank marking now. Slider and Velcro. Slider for Smock,Wets,BKS Jacket and shirt. Velcro for UBACS and T-shirt. WHY?? Why not save the taxpayer some money and just tailor the Bks dress items and smock and wets to accept a velcro badge and do away with sliders?? If so we will have come full circle. Remember the "Elvis" shirts??
                                Somthing like the new style Arktis A110 shirt

Arktis are a UK based company who manufacture superior clothing and equipment for the military, police, and outdoor enthusiasts. Jackets, trousers, bags, chest rigs, molle systems and much more.
                                It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                                It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                                It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                                It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X