Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Irish people joining the BA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2times View Post
    No I hold the opinion that they shouldn't come home, not while serving under the crown anyway.

and no, i dont give a damn about any other army but i have my own personal moral objection against the support of the army and government that still occupies the country I was born and reared in with her own people.

The again, It's my own opinion, and of course im entitled to it.
    That is your opinion, and while you are entitled to it, I must point out, that technically, they occupy and control a part of the Island you were born on, assuming you are from the South here, they do not occupy your country, technically of course.

I will point out though, as some of you know my plans, I Love Ireland, but it seems Ireland don't love me so much, therefore my wares will be sold to our neighbours. If I can!!! And while I am serving, I will come home, quite often, I will meet up with friends, some of whom are extremely Anti-British, but will not kill our friendship, I hope, because I am paid by a different country.

So, J2T, I respect your right to opinion, but I really think it is a load of Kack. If you really wanna go on about history, remember they were invited over, and just decided to stay longer than we wanted!!!
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      And so it began

mate your on the wrong web site

you should be on

www.stuckinthe70's.com

or https://www.armchairrepublicans/and/...rted/clowns.eu

Im clearly not. Im here for a reason

I could say that you must be on the 'www.turncoat.com' website or the 'www.forgetwhathappenedinthelast800years.com' website?

Im not here to provoke, or to start a political discussion, I merely gave my views, so keep your provocitive comments to yourself. My brother is an officer in the Irish Army, but he is also a republican, so he cant have the same views as me becuase he serves down south? thats what it seems your saying. And no, im not an 'armchair republican' so keep it shut.

Thought you were more decent than that Hedgehog. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
        If you really wanna go on about history, remember they were invited over, and just decided to stay longer than we wanted!!!
        The British Army however comes from the New Model Army. No invitations were sent to their leader. By proper Irishmen that is.
        You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Well here goes my first post to a very interesting site. I was born and raised in London , both my parents are Irish and myself and my brothers and sisters all consider themselves Irish.

I joined the RAF many moons ago when you could expect a bit of stick for being Irish. With my Irish name it was not something that I could ever avoid confronting even if I had wanted to. Given the relatively tough upbringing in my family, being called paddy as a derogatory term by some tit was not something that I would ever let pass without taking some action. In recruit training, when nick names are established and stick, I had my first incident when I advised one or two that my name was Brendan and they could call me Bren, cnut or wanker but they couldn't call me paddy. As the warning didn't work, what followed involved violence which I later learnt was a good military training aid!! I never had to do this much in my 8 years in the RAF as I think people got the message and probably though I was a bit of a nut.

The fact is that along with people who were born in Ireland, there are also many people like me who serve or have served in one of the 3 British armed forces.

Comment

No I hold the opinion that they shouldn't come home, not while serving under the crown anyway.

and no, i dont give a damn about any other army but i have my own personal moral objection against the support of the army and government that still occupies the country I was born and reared in with her own people.

The again, It's my own opinion, and of course im entitled to it.
            I have personal moral (and sometimes violent) objections to people who spout this shite.

You might recall we had a referendum about 10 years ago (80% in favour) where we recanted all claims over Northern Ireland.
            Last edited by Bravo20; 12 January 2009, 19:15.

Comment

Im clearly not. Im here for a reason

I could say that you must be on the 'www.turncoat.com' website or the 'www.forgetwhathappenedinthelast800years.com' website?

Im not here to provoke, or to start a political discussion, I merely gave my views, so keep your provocitive comments to yourself. My brother is an officer in the Irish Army, but he is also a republican, so he cant have the same views as me becuase he serves down south? thats what it seems your saying. And no, im not an 'armchair republican' so keep it shut.

Thought you were more decent than that Hedgehog. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
              800 years?
              In the 1200s, the "british" were mostly french, specifically norman(first arriving in 1169). You really really really need to revise your history. The "British" didn't really settle here as "opressors" until the Reformation in the 1600s(400 years ago only).
              Everyone is entitled to their opinion, unless of course that opinion is misguided, ill informed, and has the potential to cause further animosity between the only 2 english speaking countries in Europe. Better off having an educated opinion, rather than just a random, ignorant one.
              As for your brother, if he does have the same opinions as you, I would consider him a serious security risk.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I'm not going to spend all day arguing here and you guys can consider me beaten if you wish, I'm not going to try and punch a brick wall, It's obvious that people here have different opinions here and I truly respect that, but some of them don't know when to keep their mouths shut and when to take people's opinions as they are. I don't have an ignorant opinion you should really read up on your history and stop being such a smartass. Also, Goldie, I wouldn't consider him a security threat and frankly it's naive for you to think so, he was obviously good enough to get a cadetship and complete his cadetship, meaning he is good at what his job is, what he was trained for, political opinion and personal views shouldn't come into it. Now I will leave the topic, and not post again, as I am sickened by the posts I have seen directed towards me, and moreso republicanism. If you can't be polite in what you say, its better not to say it all.

John.

Comment

I would be grateful if one of the mods would delete my account also. I came here to discuss my interest in the Irish Military, not to be slated for my opinions.

Slán.

Comment

I would be grateful if one of the mods would delete my account also. I came here to discuss my interest in the Irish Military, not to be slated for my opinions.

Slán.
                    It's not your opinion that's really the problem, it's how you express it!
                    Theirs not to make reply,
                    Theirs not to reason why,
                    Theirs but to do and die:
                    Into the valley of Death
                    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

What do you think of Ex-Irish defense Force personnel joining the (IRISH REGIMENT) British army?
                      Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Slán.

I hate when people spout this shite

WHy not just fade away with out the historonics

and why tell fibs about your non existent provo brother

taraaaaaaaa chuck
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Thanks lads for voicing your opinions.

I love all people irrespective of their creed or race.

I am young and naive.

I will go and find a RA site where I will be welcome along with my brain washed sectarian friends.

Cheers

[MOD: This post may have accidentally been deleted, modified & completely reworded ]

Comment

You might recall we had a referendum about 10 years ago (80% in favour) where we recanted all claims over Northern Ireland.
                            We re-worded the legalistic territorial claim with a clear statement of the aspiration of our nation for unity taking into account the opinions of the minority in the six counties. Hardly walking away now was it!

As for your brother, if he does have the same opinions as you, I would consider him a serious security risk.
                            The majority of Officers have a loyalty to the country they serve. I consider your vile opinions a security risk.

This guy came onto this site, expressed a perfectly valid opinion and was hounded off. The myopia of some posters here is astounding. How any of those west brits can wear the DF uniform, once the uniform of the Volunteers is stomach churning.
                            "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                            Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Slán.
                              when i started this thread i never thought i'd get a reaction like this, go home cry into your pillow.
                              Anyway i set up this thread to see peoples reactions. i myself am off to join the brits hopfully as an officer if not i'll go in normally and hopefully work my way up, shouldn't be too hard, i already have degree in engineering. (not trying to be big-headed jus i know it will help my application).
                              I am really looking forward to it if i get, hopefully start in the summer. As for my family i am pretty sure that the rest of my family wont speak to me except maybe one of my brothers and i have a big family.
                              i have always wanted to be an officer in the irish army a dream since i was child but in recent years i've changed my mind and decided on the brits because the pdf hasn't really developed as must as i hope. i dont agree with ireland being a neutral country, i dont think any country can be neutral when there is countries like afghanistan, somalia, darfur and pakistan etc bein run the way they are run. once there are threats to world from such countries then everyone must make a stance on the issue not stand on the fence because these countries dont care about neutrality.
                              anyway off the point.
                              i hated what the british army did to Ireland, but thats now in the past its time to move on, after all they were only following orders even though some were malicous towards the 'paddies'.
                              Im sure many people will hate me for it and i completely understand, i used to hate them myself but now i truly understnd why they do it. they go because they want to fight to get real action dont get me wrong i completely respect and envy what the irish df have done around the world they have made a huge difference to so many people. but i dont think thats for me anymore. ya never no ya mite see me on nationwide in a few years
                              ha
                              Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                                We re-worded the legalistic territorial claim with a clear statement of the aspiration of our nation for unity taking into account the opinions of the minority in the six counties. Hardly walking away now was it!

The majority of Officers have a loyalty to the country they serve. I consider your vile opinions a security risk.

This guy came onto this site, expressed a perfectly valid opinion and was hounded off. The myopia of some posters here is astounding. How any of those west brits can wear the DF uniform, once the uniform of the Volunteers is stomach churning.
                                West Brit's?.....well some of us would have been delighted and proud to serve in the Irish DF's, it's not often easy, at the moment people can't get in because they won't let people in....no money ya see, so what are they supposed to do?........are the flood and it is a flood now, of Irish people going into the various branches of the British military all traitors to the Republic?

West Brit's, you cheeky little cock juggler.
                                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
                                X