Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Irish people joining the BA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viking View Post
    H

Man, are you for real? You won't have your "loyalty" to our country called into doubt, and, !

He was referring to his name calling taunt in the post, where he attacked the poster and not the post.

Comment

Viking Wrote

His oath is to the constitution, aspiration for unity and all
      His Oath is to be loyal to the Constitution, ( and seeing as you are so all knowing about the Constitution- it is always given a capital C)
      Last edited by hedgehog; 13 January 2009, 14:03.
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Turncoat View Post
        Only If you join Queens company. The other 3 companies dont do any of that nonsense and consequently are actually very "relaxed" about their dress. In fact they actually look shoddier than most normal infantry units a lot of the time.

I think Mr Donaldson is also trying to rewrite history or else is blinded by his own beliefs. He will be wanting to take a Union flag down O'connel street next!

I dont like the way this is put across as an unusual incident and a case of loyalty to the crown on the part of volunteers from nationalist backgrounds.
        Irish units still do similar gestures with the music they play, that way noone gets offended with the music that is played. It is normal enough to hear the sash followed by the wearing of the green played in the same set!

Queens company rotates, if you sign on for 5 yrs you can expect to perform ceremonial duties, which last about 6 months, the whole regiment also does trooping the colour. The IG perform drill to a high standard, of which they are proud of. You also get the option of doing P company and doing 18 months with 3 Para, due to the disbandment of the guards para company.

If you dont like ceremonial or drill dont join the guards or the RAF regiment.

The IG are far more southern friendly then the RIR, most guardsmen are recruited from London, Liverpool and Manchester and of Catholic Irish immigrant origins.

Afghanistan is penciled in for 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireplace View Post
          The British Army however comes from the New Model Army. No invitations were sent to their leader. By proper Irishmen that is.

Some regiments do not all, the senior regiments, ie the household divisions origins are in fighting and serving the King, bar the Coldstream guards who fought for Cromwell.

Others like the Northumberland fusiliers were formed from the Tyneside Irish reg, the Liverpool kings reg from Irish immigrants, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            If you dont like ceremonial or drill dont join the guards or the RAF regiment.
            Lets not forget though this is not the Rock Apes as a whole. The largest amount of cermonial is performed by the QCS.

Comment

Google tells me QCS is
              ( and I quote)
              "QCs Seafood Bar & Restaurant is a Bar and Restaurant in Cahirciveen County Kerry Ireland."

Well done to the staff I say.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Here they are in their glory, the Queens Colour Sqn of the RAF Regiment. Drill without commands.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Google tells me QCS is
                  ( and I quote)
                  "QCs Seafood Bar & Restaurant is a Bar and Restaurant in Cahirciveen County Kerry Ireland."

Well done to the staff I say.

Boom, Boom!! :wink:

Queen's Colour Squadron..

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    Mate I know what you mean but

on this web site it doesnt matter whether you have 6 gazillion posts

or 1 post

your opinion and views are just as valid

Not true hedgehog, you emit venom especially to newbies when they offer dissent.

The Constitution states
                    Article 9,1;2 Fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State are fundemental political duties of all citizens.
                    How is that compatible with joing the Brits and then swearing loyalty to the British Monarch?
                    Something that pisses me off ( apart from hedgehog who insists on not taking his bran flakes) is to see Irish tricolours and shamrocks being carried on British Military vehicles.

A suggested poll. Is IMO a recruiting sgt. for the Brits.
                    Thinking of you hh
                    VosperM1

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      His oath is to the constitution, aspiration for unity and all.

Man, are you for real? You won't have your "loyalty" to our country called into doubt, and, wait for it, your about to go off and swear loyalty to a foreign monarch??? You couldn't make this shit up. This has to be the funniest post I've read all year!
                      I will sign an agreement to serve as she is the boss, I don't care if she's a queen, a kraut or a corgy ****er, she is their boss and I will respect that, and God willing I will have my Green beret this time next year, and then when my times done I'll come home, and to piss people like you off, I might just hang a Union flag outside my door next to a tricolour........:wink:

Now piss off, your barstool republican bollocks is boring me.
                      Last edited by mutter nutter; 13 January 2009, 21:56.
                      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Seeing as I won't get along with people like him and it'll just cause more problems for everyone (I don't know when to shut up), I think it's best if I go permenently, see you around lad's, been great

good luck stay safe........God save the Queen!!

:wink:
                        Last edited by mutter nutter; 13 January 2009, 22:28.
                        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No need to go anywhere.

Best of luck with the new job btw.

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
                              Seeing as I won't get along with people like him and it'll just cause more problems for everyone (I don't know when to shut up), I think it's best if I go permenently, see you around lad's, been great

good luck stay safe........God save the Queen!!

:wink:
                              ah jesus think i started a contraversial thread here. Mutter dont go your great craic
                              Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

see ya there nutter..
                                Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Working...
                                X